Past workshop students are welcome to use the fully equipped studio for their own projects!
Time & Location
29/03/2024, 14:00 – 18:00
Tinctorium Studio, Pct. do Ambiente 687, 2785-318 São Domingos de Rana, Portugal
About the event
Reunion Sessions are exactly what they sound like - an opportunity for students from past workshops to apply what they've learned to their own projects but who don't have their own space or equipment to do so.
Bring your own fabrics, but use the studio's equipment and space to make your dreams come alive. I'll have pots, stoves, buckets, tables, dowels, etc. on hand and you're welcome to use some things growing in the garden (within reason) to do your project.
This is a great opportunity to:
- Apply what you've learned during a Tinctorium Studio workshop
- Mordant a big batch of fabrics to easily dye from home.
- Practice dyeing some more before deciding to invest in special pots and equipment.
- Give a new life to garments already in your closet.
- Meet and exchange ideas with other people who love natural dyeing.
What you'll have to bring:
- Fabric or paper that you'd like to dye.
- Mordants (if you have, I'll also have mordants on hand).
- Dye material like leaves to print, powdered extract dyes (if you'd like to work with a specific color), or something special. You're also welcome to harvest from the garden or use whatever foraged material I have in the studio.
- An idea of what you'd like to do.
What I'll provide:
- Fully equipped studio space with buckets, pots, stoves, scale, funnels, sieves, water, drying racks, etc.
- Ecoprinting accessories like dowels (aka sticks), elastic, scrap fabrics to prevent bleeding, trapilho to tie, etc.
- Assortment of leaves for printing (bring your own if you want something specific).
- Dye bath(s) in a surprise seasonal color.
- Plants from the dye garden (within reason, let's not deforest the garden please!)
- 'Blanks' (aka white fabrics and garments) available for purchase if you don't have your own piece to dye.
- Mordants and related materials..
Space is limited to 4 participants so there is plenty of space for each person to work comfortably.
Please note, this is not a workshop. I will be around to answer quick questions, but I will not be teaching new techniques or supervising your project. For this, please reach out to schedule a mentorship session or private workshop.
This is a new event concept and a learning process. I would love to get your feedback to make this a successful reoccurring event. Thank you for your patience and for bearing with me as I figure out the best way to organize the reunion sessions.
If you have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll start an FAQ section.
- Ticket type
Reunion SessionPrice20,00 €
+0,50 € service fee+0,50 € service fee