Have you ever participated in a Tinctorium Studio workshop? Apply what you've learned to your own projects in a fully equipped studio!
Time & Location
19/11, 14:00 – 18:00
Tinctorium Studio, Pct. do Ambiente 687, 2785-318 São Domingos de Rana, Portugal
About the event
Reunion Sessions are exactly what they sound like - an opportunity for students from past workshops to apply what they've learned to their own projects but who don't have their own space or equipment to do so.
Bring your own materials (fabrics, mordants, leaves for printing), but use the studio's equipment and space to make your dreams come alive. I'll have pots, stoves, buckets, tables, dowels, etc. on hand and you're welcome to use some things growing in the garden (within reason) to do your project.
This is a great opportunity to:
- Mordant a big batch of fabrics to easily dye from home.
- Practice dyeing some more before deciding to invest in special pots and equipment.
- Give a new life to garments already in your closet.
- Meet and exchange ideas with other people who love natural dyeing.
Considering that these first reunion dates are happening in November, it can be the perfect opportunity to customize holiday gifts, make printed cards, or dye sustainable wrapping fabrics.
What you'll have to bring:
- Fabric or paper that you'd like to dye.
- Mordants (if you have, I'll have small packs & quantities available for purchase).
- Dye material like leaves to print, powdered dyes (if you'd like to work with a specific color), or something special.
- An idea of what you'd like to do.
What I'll provide:
- Fully equipped studio space with buckets, pots, stoves, scale, funnels, sieves, water, drying racks, etc.
- Ecoprinting accessories like dowels (aka sticks), elastic, scrap fabrics to prevent bleeding, trapilho to tie, etc.
- Assortment of leaves for printing (bring your own if you want something specific).
- Dye bath(s) in a surprise seasonal color.
- Plants from the dye garden (within reason, let us not deforest the garden please!)
- 'Blanks' (aka white fabrics and garments) available for purchase if you don't have your own piece to dye.
- Mordants and related materials available for purchase.
- Welcome drink and light snacks.
Space is limited to 4 participants so there is plenty of space for each person to work comfortably.
Please note, this is not a workshop. Although I will be around to clarify quick questions I will not be teaching new techniques or be supervising/monitoring your project. For this, please reach out to schedule a mentorship session or private workshop.
Please also note that this is the first time I'm doing this sort of event and it's a learning process. I would love to get your feedback to make this a successful reoccurring event. Thank you for your patience and bearing with me as I figure out the best way to organize the reunion sessions.
If you have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll start an FAQ section.
Reunion Session20,00 €+0,50 € service fee