Introduction to Natural Dyeing
Extracting and applying botanical colours.
Time & Location
Fabrica Moderna, R. Pereira Henriques 5, 1950-242 Lisboa, Portugal
About the event
You will learn the basics of natural dyeing using local plants so you feel empowered to explore botanical colours from your own home.
Topics covered include:
- How to choose and prepare fabrics for dyeing
- How to extract dyes from local plants and common food waste
- How to modify the colours to achieve diverse shades from a single dye source
- Plus, simple shibori folds to achieve dynamic patterns.
Each participant will take home:
- One tote bag naturally dyed by YOU
- Two fabric samples (large enough to be made into face masks)
- Beautiful informational booklet for you to reference when dyeing at home