Introduction to Natural Dyeing
Time & Location
About the Event
You will learn the basics of natural dyeing using local plants so you feel empowered to explore botanical colours from your own home.
Topics covered include:
- How to choose and prepare fabrics for dyeing
- How to extract dyes from local plants and common food waste
- How to modify the colours to achieve diverse shades from a single dye source
- Plus, simple shibori folds to achieve dynamic patterns.
Each participant will take home:
- One tote bag naturally dyed by YOU
- Two fabric samples (large enough to be made into face masks)
- Beautiful informational booklet for you to reference when dyeing at home